An unofficial version of ElementalX OmniROM has been released by senior XDA member dre1187, allowing Celkon A60 users to update to Android 4.1 KitKat. The following guide will walk you through the installation process.
As always, DroidReport assumes no liability for the firmware installation. Proceed with caution.
Before Getting Started
Before you get started, make sure that your Xiaomi MI1s . Flashing this ROM onto any other device will most probably result in a bricked phone.
You must also have your Celkon A60 rooted, with ClockworkMod installed.
As always, you want to backup your device and charge it to at least 80 percent. Finally, enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options.
1. Download the Android 4.1 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM ROM, as well as the Google Apps package:
The ROM File size is 132 MB, so I split the file into 3 parts :
ROM Part 1 : http://goo.gl/Fk6CCc
ROM Part 2 : http://goo.gl/j6UUwT
ROM Part 3 : http://goo.gl/vWC2PQ
To combine 3 parts files above into 1 file just use WINRAR, then extract the files into ZIP format.
If any problem with the ROM, maybe because the ROM have corrupted during the download process, you can try to re-download the ROM.
2. Odin 3.07
Steps to UpdateMito A220 with Android 4.1 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
2) Using your USB cable, connect your Celkon A60 to your computer.
3) Copy ElementalX OmniROM custom ROM and the Google Apps package to the root folder of your handset’s SD card.
4) Boot your phone into Bootloader mode by pressing the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Follow the directions to enter Recovery mode.
5) Open CWM recovery and perform a factory reset. Next, perform wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache and then format system.
6) From CMW recovery, navigate to Install Zip from SD card and choose the ROM downloaded earlier. After the ROM is installed, repeat the steps above to install Google Apps.
7) After installation is finished, navigate to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now.”
8) After restarting, your Celkon A60 will officially be running Android 4.1 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM ROM.
Note: If Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.